The Director | Restaurants + Bars works closely with the F+D leadership of the outlets. They work to improve the overall guest experience, team, and financial performance of the restaurant and bar operations across PM Hotel Group outlets. They will curate extraordinary, yet approachable, food + drink experiences that inspire memorable moments.
Responsibilities + Authorities:
- Develop, design and deliver innovative, authentic, and differentiated Restaurants + Bars experiences for the local community and travelers alike
- Foster passionate, knowledgeable team members who deliver consistent, thoughtful, and engaging service by providing mentorship and growth opportunities
- Inspire loyalty in customers by consistently delivering on promises and exceeding expectations
- Ensure strong profitability through a commitment to excellence and a suite of solutions and best
- Ensures the unique concept at each branded Restaurant + Bar is activated to its highest potential through the ability to identify challenges and determine solutions
- Works to refine and enhance operational responsibilities and essential skills for the outlet positions
- Works to ensure the operational systems in place remain current and incorporated in the concepts vision.
- Assists with the auditing process (sanitation, service, brand standards) for each branded concept and hotel outlet concepts
- Promotes a workplace culture that fully reflects PM Hotel Group’s values, staff engagements, performance, recognition, and rewards
- Leads by example, exhibiting the company values in all dealings
- Ensure all PM Hotel Group accounting policies and practices comply
- Supports training and delivery of operational performance standards for product and service, and consistently re-evaluates for continued performance improvement
- Prudently advises management based on the department’s resources within budgetary guidelines according to all applicable laws and regulations
- Executes Company vision and mission for Branded and Hotel Restaurants + Bars
- Identifies and develops team members within the organization in conjunction with Restaurant General Manager, Hotel General Manager and/or Senior Corporate Director of Restaurants + Bars.
- Maintains open lines of communication and collaboration with Senior Corporate Director of Food + Drink Operations and Hotel GMs
- Works with the restaurant GMs and outlets teams of all branded concepts
- Assists with outlet audits on a scheduled basis to ensure core concept components are executed at high level.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are implemented to maximize guest experience, enhance operational efficiency and profitability
- Advises on regular PMIX review to maximize guest experience and achieve financial targets.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process to advise on revenue and expense needs and opportunities
- Coordinates with marketing and PR companies/resources to ensure they are supporting event and promotion efforts to maximize results
- Assist with the re-concepting efforts of existing Restaurants + Bars as needed
- Assist with the development of new concepts for new properties
- Assist in all pre-opening related Restaurant + Bar activities for new hotels, including, but not limited to, pre-opening service training, OS&E plan for outlets, developing a marketing plan for outlets
What Are We Looking For?
- College Degree in hospitality or business preferred
- Proven, hands-on, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Minimum 5 years of restaurant management experience with a focus on independent high-quality restaurant and bars
- Demonstrable history of successful revenue growth and profit and loss management
Skills + Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally at both the corporate and property level
- Ability to interact positively with management, associates, and guests
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
about pm hotel group:
Awards + Accolades:
- Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Hospitality as seen in Hotel Business (2019)
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in DC – Washington Business Journal (2020 + 2019)
- Inc 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Hospitality Companies (2019)
PM is PEOPLE-POWERED:
At PM Hotel Group we are passionate about fostering an environment that allows our associates to thrive. Creating a culture dedicated to respect, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed, we encourage our associates to express themselves and their unique talents. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about equity and inclusion.
A top-15 hotel management company, PM Hotel Group has over two decades of experience building relationships with brands, partners, and third-party hotel owners. We know that our greatest resource is our people, and this people-first mindset is at the heart of our corporate DNA.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, always, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)