Join a collaborative team of hospitality pros who are dedicated to curating and delivering hotel experiences as unique as the city they call home. As Corporate Director of Engineering you will provide support to the entire PM Hotel Group portfolio of hotels from an Engineering, Facilities and Sustainability standpoint.
Responsibilities + Authorities:
- On-site Audit of every hotel twice per year; more frequently if necessary
- Complete Facilities Audit of hotel during these visits, including license and permit compliance, PM maintenance compliance, physical plant inspections, scheduling/staffing audit and assistance
- Compile reports in a timely fashion and send to GM, Chief Engineer, VP Facilities and VP Operations
- Develop Facilities Audit templates for inspections
- Monitor and or supervise capital projects as assigned by assisting or writing the scope of work, providing guidance to Owners and supervising/punching projects
- Ensure all fire systems inspections (both wet and dry) elevator, boiler, fire extinguisher, Kitchen hoods, fire Hydrants, annual insurance inspections, are current and up to date.
- Ensure Emergency Procedures Manuals and Inspections (fire, health department) are being completed
- Ensure all staff at hotels are trained in emergency water shut-offs and that photos and labels are provided as necessary
- Develop rapport with hotel Chief Engineers and Engineering Team Members
- Be available to assist hotel engineering teams with ad-hoc issues
- Work with Chief Engineers to establish a local “trusted vendor list” for national and specific geographic areas, listing plumbers, electricians, etc that are preferred and recommended
- Become company “Champion” of Preventative Maintenance programs/software; monitoring compliance, training colleagues and hotel team members, and ensuring ‘buy-in’
- Develop well-organized and insightful reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic, tactical and operational business decisions
- Assist with Task Force Chief Engineer assignments if a vacancy arises or during the transition and on-boarding of a new hotel
- Assist with onboarding of new Chief Engineers
- Provide guidance when requested for New Build hotels and assist in all Transitions of hotel properties (onboarding of new hotels to our portfolio and exits)
- Participate in property walks and assessments for potential new properties
- Provide guidance and assist with bids from vendors and evaluating their proposals for repairs and service contracts
- Create Quarterly Training Programs for Engineering Staff – Regional half or one day training (Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Plumbing, Basic Electricity, Fire systems, Pumps, PMs to include Ice Machines, Refrigeration Equipment, HVAC Coil Cleaning, etc)
- Thermal Imaging Inspections and Reports (Infrared Inspections of each property – (twice per year/property) (cooling & heating seasons)
- Assist in the planning and execution of annual PM Hotel Group Engineering & Housekeeping Conference
What are we looking for?
- Creative I Collaborative I Enthusiastic I People Person
- Proven, dynamic leader and self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Skilled in several areas such as HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, pools, grounds, fire & life safety systems, IT (wireless internet, telephones), commercial laundry and food service equipment, etc
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent and complex projects in different geographic areas to work effectively and efficiently under pressure to meet required deadlines
- Must be organized and able to complete work with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic based on self-confidence, integrity, taking initiative, and personal responsibility. You enjoy driving continuous improvement and working to fulfill strategic visions.
- Must be able to complete projects as assigned in a timely manner without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally via email, over the phone and in person, including tailoring your message to your audience, from hotel line-level staff, outside vendors and top executives
- Minimum 7 years experience in on-site Hotel Engineering (must include Full Service hotel experience)
- Minimum 5 years with direct responsibility over facilities operation and maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience should include direct supervision of Engineering staff.
- HVAC license Required
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 2 or more of the following areas: HVAC EPA Universal (Types I,II, III) (required), Refrigeration, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Certified Pool Operator License (CPO)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction, Engineering, or Facilities Management strongly preferred
- Certified Engineering Operations Executive (CEOE) Certification from the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Familiarity with Quore is a plus
- Ability to travel 80% of time
about pm hotel group:
Awards + Accolades:
- Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Hospitality as seen in Hotel Business (2019)
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in DC – Washington Business Journal (2020 + 2019)
- Inc 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Hospitality Companies (2019)
PM is PEOPLE-POWERED:
At PM Hotel Group we are passionate about fostering an environment that allows our associates to thrive. Creating a culture dedicated to respect, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed, we encourage our associates to express themselves and their unique talents. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about equity and inclusion.
A top-15 hotel management company, PM Hotel Group has over two decades of experience building relationships with brands, partners, and third-party hotel owners. We know that our greatest resource is our people, and this people-first mindset is at the heart of our corporate DNA.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, always, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)