Join us as General Manager at Hilton Meadowlands and be a part of a collaborative team of hospitality pros who are dedicated to curating and delivering hotel experiences as unique as the city, they call home. A picture of stylish comfort and convenience, this East Rutherford hotel offers convenient services and amenities just miles from midtown Manhattan and Newark Liberty Airport. With the Secaucus Outlet Center around the corner, guests can take in a sporting event at the Meadowlands Sports Complex.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the hotel. Leadership and strategic planning skills are integral to maximizing operations and guest satisfaction. We’re looking for someone to lead our staff by example by embodying the company culture and values.
WHEN YOU’RE HERE | PM PERKS:
- Medical (5 plans to choose from + eligible first full month)
- Dental + Vision options
- 401k 3% match (eligible after 90 days)
- PTO + Sick begins accruing Day 1
- 7 Paid Company Wide Holidays + 2 Floating Holidays
- Short Term Disability + Life Insurance Options
- Hotel discounts
Responsibilities + AUTHORITIES
- Monitor the full range of operations and financial performance of the hotel while providing operational guidance to leaders and team members.
- Ensure the financial success of the hotel by managing expenses, controlling labor costs, and assuming overall responsibility for revenue management.
- Confer with administrative personnel to review activity, operating and sales reports to determine changes in programs and/or operations.
- Seek out critical information on market trends, segment behavior, and other data to make informed decisions and remain ahead of the pack.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all associates while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assure regular repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the hotel and provide a system of ongoing maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments, including safety, emergency guidelines
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Creative I Collaborative I Enthusiastic I People Person
- Proven, dynamic leader and self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to recruit and establish team
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Hotel Management or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience as General Manager for a full-service hotel with at least 200+keys.
- Must have a minimum of three years varied management experience in the hotel industry in a large full-service setting
- Hilton Experience and union are preferred
- Fluently speak, read and understand English.
- You should also be familiar with OSHA, local Department of Health regulations and relevant current laws governing the handling of hazardous substances.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines. Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
WHO ARE WE?
ABOUT PM HOTEL GROUP
- Awards + Accolades:
- Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Hospitality as seen in Hotel Business (2019)
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in DC – Washington Business Journal (2020 + 2019)
- Inc 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Hospitality Companies (2019)
- AHLA Paving the Way Award 2021 – Vanessa Stanley
PM is PEOPLE-POWERED
At PM Hotel Group we are passionate about fostering an environment that allows our associates to thrive. Creating a culture dedicated to respect, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed, we encourage our associates to express themselves and their unique talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equity and inclusion.
A top-15 hotel management company, PM Hotel Group has over two decades of experience building relationships with brands, partners, and third-party hotel owners. We know that our greatest resource is our people, and this people-first mindset is at the heart of our corporate DNA.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)