We’re looking for an experienced General Manager who has overall responsibility for the successful opening and operation of the hotel and for meeting or exceeding the objectives for all areas of the property. You will provide overall direction and guidance to your team while managing the day-to-day leadership and management of all company facets. This is an exempt position that reports to the Regional Director of Operations.
Maison Kesh, a 97-room lifestyle property with dynamic Food and Beverage spaces, is modern, open, peaceful, lush, hip but sophisticated, local, playful yet elegant, collaborative, independent, positive, and globally aware. Our brand is inspired by Moroccan flavor and flair. Maison Kesh is constantly moving, with new discoveries around every corner. The hotel is a space where guests work, play, and dine alongside locals—immersing themselves in the neighborhood in vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Maison Kesh sets the tone for a unique experience that gives people the ability to engage in meaningful ways, discovering new things about themselves in the process. Our tagline, “a house in full bloom” symbolizes the energy and connectivity of our brand. Luxury is not a price point. It is a state of mind, an experience.
WHO WE ARE
- A brand-new property with the ability to build your team from scratch.
- Passionate – about hospitality and fostering an environment where associates will thrive.
- Culture driven – dedicated to respect, teamwork, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed.
- Unique – we encourage our associates to express themselves and their individual talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equity and inclusion.
- Innovators – we are a lifestyle hotel management company that is constantly evolving. We are open-minded individuals who embrace change.
- A growing team looking to expand with authentic and genuine individuals who recognize the importance of team engagement.
- A company that has a culture of promoting from within.
- Recognized as a Top Workplace in The Washington Post and Philadelphia Inquirer over the past 9 years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own all areas of the operation, including front office, housekeeping, engineering, and food + beverage.
- Lead through your leadership team to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards, maximizing levels of guest satisfaction, and maintaining colleague engagement.
- Direct the development and execution of the annual strategic plan, the annual budget, and operations plan, emphasizing balanced growth and consistent profitability.
- Communicate the direction and purpose of all initiatives, resulting in colleague & leader ownership, pride, and desired results.
- Achieve and maintain superior balanced scorecard results (revenue, STR, GOP, guest experience, colleague engagement, asset maintenance, etc.), with an unrelenting desire to exceed previous outcomes.
- Inspire and motivate your leaders and colleagues to foster a guest-focused and results-oriented environment.
- Deliver best-in-class guest service and satisfaction by executing against the Modus Ethos, through avenues such as training, survey analysis, feedback, and incentive programs.
- Actively seek out critical information on market trends, segment behavior, and other data to make informed decisions and remain ahead of the pack.
- Create and promote learning opportunities and development plans for direct reports, fostering a culture of development.
- Champion employee engagement and promote a collaborative and inclusive environment where all employees are encouraged to speak up and their input is valued.
- Have a hand in building out the Maison Kesh vision and bring this new brand to life in all corners of the hotel.
- Collaborate with shared services partners (marketing, revenue management, people & culture), to maximize performance and engage with companywide initiatives.
- Champion our values, vision, and culture.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in different management positions in the hospitality industry and have held a senior leadership role (Hotel Manager or General Manager – preferred) at a hotel for at least two years.
- Experience leading a hotel with a strong F&B component (Maison Kesh will include dynamic restaurant and rooftop spaces)
- Have a track record of achieving and maintaining superior results across all areas of the hotel and can articulate the underlying strategies that led to your achievements.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong financial background, sound administrative skills, well developed management skills, and have demonstrated ability to effectively lead.
- You enjoy creative and innovative projects that focus on brand development
- A passion for hospitality will be apparent from speaking with you; you naturally connect with colleagues and guests.
- You love to inspire and motivate your team while focusing on learning and development, giving and receiving feedback.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive compensation package, including quarterly incentive plan.
- Generous health, dental and vision insurance, plus 401K, all available on day 1!
- Comprehensive onboarding and training plan to set you up for success.
- Coaching, feedback, and mentorship to develop yourself and your team.
- Personalized development plan to fit your individual role and career goals.
- Leadership courses to improve your personal and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Monthly fitness and transportation credits.
- Unlimited PTO and 9 paid holidays.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities – when you grow, we grow!
- 2 years: Experience leading a hotel with a strong Food + Beverage operation
- 2 years: Senior Leadership experience (General Manager or Hotel Manager)
- 5 years: Management positions in the hospitality industry
ABOUT MODUS BY PM HOTEL GROUP
NON-NEGOTIABLES (OUR CORE VALUES)
- BE WILDLY PASSIONATE. Inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- BE CURIOUS. Learn rapidly and eagerly.
- BE INNOVATIVE. Create new ideas that prove useful.
- EMBRACE CHANGE. Remain agile, flexible and nimble to thrive in an evolving world.
- COMMUNICATE. Listen with the intent to understand. Share all relevant information.
- HAVE INTEGRITY. Be honest and straightforward with everyone.
- USE GOOD JUDGMENT. Make wise decisions, even in the face of ambiguity.
- BUILD A POSITIVE TEAM. Learn from one another and help each other to be great.
- SERVE OTHERS. Our guests, community, and each other. Be a part of the bigger picture.
- LIVE 360. Practice work-life balance
As part of an organizational culture that embraces change and progress, this job description does not seek to limit the tasks and responsibilities of the position. Rather, it acts as a springboard for future career and personal development within the property team and entire Modus Hotels’ community.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We actively respect the right of any qualified individual who performs to Modus standards to work. Discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic not related to performance, ability or attitude protected by state or federal law, is disrespectful, bad business and won’t be tolerated. It’s also illegal.
Modus by PM Hotel Group will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
While this is a salaried position, be prepared to accommodate varying schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays, as required. This position will require moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments. The position may require moving greater than 50% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)