We’re looking for an experienced Hotel Manager who has overall responsibility for the operation of the hotel and for meeting or exceeding the objectives for all areas of the property, such as motivating and inspiring your team, delivering superior guest experiences, and driving profitability. You will bring our core values to life, inspiring your team to be curious, innovative, and adaptable to change. You will foster effective communication, integrity, good judgment, and collaboration within a positive team environment. This is an exempt position that reports to the Area General Manager.
The Normandy Hotel sits just off Connecticut Avenue, tucked among the stately embassies of peaceful Kalorama, with the bistros and boutiques of DuPont Circle neighborhood just around the corner. The eclectic cuisine and independent shops of Adams Morgan are just a short jaunt away, and when it’s time to return, Normandy feels like coming home. Welcoming, attentive, and personalized service is the hallmark of The Normandy. We are a breath of fresh air, where guests feel they can unwind on the breezy courtyard patio or curl up with a book in our sun-drenched breakfast room.
WHO WE ARE
- Passionate – about hospitality and fostering an environment where associates will thrive.
- Culture driven – dedicated to respect, teamwork, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed.
- Unique – we encourage our associates to express themselves and their individual talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equity and inclusion.
- Innovators – we are a lifestyle hotel management company that is constantly evolving. We are open-minded individuals who embrace change.
- A growing team looking to expand with authentic and genuine individuals who recognize the importance of team engagement.
- A company that has a culture of promoting from within.
- Recognized as a Top Workplace in The Washington Post and Philadelphia Inquirer over the past 9 years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own all areas of the operation, including front office, housekeeping, engineering, and others, leading through your leadership team.
- Maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards, maximizing levels of guest satisfaction, and maintaining colleague engagement.
- Develop and execute the annual strategic plan, the annual budget, and operations plan, emphasizing balanced growth and consistent profitability.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of industry trends, competitors, and market conditions to make informed business decisions.
- Analyze P/L statements, uncover expense overages, identify savings prospects, and communicate insights for strategic operational decisions.
- Effectively communicate operational topics during ownership reviews.
- Communicate the direction and purpose of all initiatives, resulting in colleague & leader ownership, pride, and desired results.
- Achieve and maintain superior balanced scorecard results (top-line revenue, STR, GOP, guest experience, colleague engagement, asset maintenance, etc.), with an unrelenting desire to exceed previous outcomes.
- Inspire and motivate your leaders and colleagues to foster a guest-focused and results-oriented environment.
- Deliver best-in-class guest service and satisfaction by executing against the Modus Ethos, through avenues such as training, survey analysis, feedback, and incentive programs.
- Actively seek out critical information on market trends, segment behavior, and other data to make informed decisions and remain ahead of the pack.
- Create and promote learning opportunities and development plans for direct reports, fostering a culture of development.
- Champion employee engagement and promote a collaborative and inclusive environment where all employees are encouraged to speak up and their input is valued.
- Influence and collaborate with shared services teams (sales, marketing, revenue management, people & culture), taking ownership for desired results through partnership.
- Champion our values, vision, and culture.
WHO YOU ARE?
- Have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in hotel management, preferably in a lifestyle or independent hotel environment, holding a senior leadership role (Hotel Manager or Assistant General Manager) at a hotel for at least two years.
- Have a track record of achieving and maintaining superior results across all areas of the hotel and can articulate the underlying strategies that led to your achievements.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and a strong financial background.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking to drive revenue and profitability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with guests, employees, and stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in hotel management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A passion for hospitality will be apparent from speaking with you; you naturally connect with colleagues and guests.
- You love to inspire and motivate your team while focusing on learning and development, giving, and receiving feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a related field (preferred).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive compensation package, including quarterly incentive plan.
- Generous health, dental and vision insurance, plus 401K, all available on day 1!
- Comprehensive onboarding and training plan to set you up for success.
- Coaching, feedback, and mentorship to develop yourself and your team.
- Personalized development plan to fit your individual role and career goals.
- Leadership courses to improve your personal and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Monthly fitness and transportation credits.
- Unlimited PTO and 9 paid holidays.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities – when you grow, we grow!
ABOUT MODUS BY PM HOTEL GROUP
NON-NEGOTIABLES (OUR CORE VALUES)
- BE WILDLY PASSIONATE. Inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- BE CURIOUS. Learn rapidly and eagerly.
- BE INNOVATIVE. Create new ideas that prove useful.
- EMBRACE CHANGE. Remain agile, flexible and nimble to thrive in an evolving world.
- COMMUNICATE. Listen with the intent to understand. Share all relevant information.
- HAVE INTEGRITY. Be honest and straightforward with everyone.
- USE GOOD JUDGMENT. Make wise decisions, even in the face of ambiguity.
- BUILD A POSITIVE TEAM. Learn from one another and help each other to be great.
- SERVE OTHERS. Our guests, community, and each other. Be a part of the bigger picture.
- LIVE 360. Practice work-life balance.
As part of an organizational culture that embraces change and progress, this job description does not seek to limit the tasks and responsibilities of the position. Rather, it acts as a springboard for future career and personal development within the property team and entire Modus Hotels’ community.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We actively respect the right of any qualified individual who performs to Modus standards to work. Discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic not related to performance, ability or attitude protected by state or federal law, is disrespectful, bad business and won’t be tolerated. It’s also illegal.
Modus by PM Hotel Group will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
While this is a salaried position, be prepared to accommodate varying schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays, as required. This position will require moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments. The position may require moving greater than 50% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)