Join us as Managing Director of the historic + award winning HOTEL DUPONT and be a part of a collaborative team of hospitality pros who are dedicated to curating and delivering luxury hotel experiences as unique as the city they call home.
The Head Honcho. The Big Cheese. You will lead the overall success of the iconic HOTEL DUPONT and its team, as it blends approachable luxury with timeless elegance. Recognized by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure as the #1 hotel in Delaware, the hotel is redefining hospitality imbued with a relaxed, contemporary sensibility.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
- Located in downtown Wilmington, Delaware, in the heart of the picturesque Brandywine Valley,
- 12-story Italian Renaissance landmark building
- 217 guest rooms and spacious suites.
- 25,000 sqft of versatile event space
- Sophisticated décor and state-of-the-art technology
- Home to Le Cavalier, one of the MidAtlantic regions most talked about new restaurants. The award-winning modern French brasserie from Chef -Partner Tyler Akin has been featured in Food & Wine and listed in Philadelphia magazine’s “Most Exciting Restaurants Right Now” for 2021.
- Spark’d Creative Pastry, Led by Executive Pastry Chef Leah Steinberger
- 11 private dining rooms
WHEN YOU’RE HERE
You’ll be eligible for PM Perks:
- Medical (5 plans to choose from + eligible first full month)
- Dental + Vision options
- 401k 3% match (eligible after 90 days)
- PTO + Sick begins accruing Day 1
- 7 Paid Company Wide Holidays + 2 Floating Holidays
- Short Term Disability options
- Life Insurance Options
- Hotel discounts
- Maximize the financial performance of the hotel by providing the highest possible quality of luxury guest service and product, by fostering a positive work environment for all employees, and by developing and implementing an aggressive sale and marketing plan.
- Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments including, but not limited to: telephone, reservations, front office, guest services, housekeeping, security and maintenance to ensure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Develop, implement, monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum rate and occupancy for the hotel. Meet or exceed established budgetary guidelines for the hotel.
- Protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports, and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all hotel receipts.
- Weekly forecasting and planning of operating staffing ad cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted sales and costs. Develop action plans to maximize occupancy and to maximize average rate.
- Manage all hotel associates, and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these associates. Also directly supervise all non-supervisory employees. Carry out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Related responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Review and approve all operating expenses.
- Maintain credit policies in sales, reservations, and front desk. Credit meetings, supervision of collection of major accounts, review of aging reports, and approval of write-offs.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all associates while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other tasks as necessary in order to achieve the financial performance and goals of the organization.
- Confer with administrative personnel and review activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Prepare directives to division or department administrators outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promote organization in industry or trade associations.
- Assure regular repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the hotel and provide a system of ongoing maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments, including safety, emergency guidelines, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Creative I Collaborative I Enthusiastic I People Person
- Proven, dynamic leader and self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to recruit and establish team
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Luxury hotel experience required
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Sometimes you’ll be behind a desk, but not often for long.
- Be prepared to move around because more than half of the time you will be standing/walking, carrying/lifting to 25 pounds, bending/twisting, climbing stairs and more.
- You also must be able to accommodate varying schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Hotel Management, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Full-Service Luxury General Manager Experience
- Must have a minimum of five years varied management experience in the hotel industry and fluently speak, read, and understand English.
- You should also be familiar with OSHA, local Department of Health regulations and relevant current laws governing the handling of hazardous substances.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines. Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
about pm hotel group:
Awards + Accolades:
- Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Hospitality as seen in Hotel Business (2019)
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in DC – Washington Business Journal (2020 + 2019)
- Inc 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Hospitality Companies (2019)
- AHLA Paving the Way Award 2021 – Vanessa Stanley
PM is PEOPLE-POWERED:
At PM Hotel Group we are passionate about fostering an environment that allows our associates to thrive. Creating a culture dedicated to respect, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed, we encourage our associates to express themselves and their unique talents. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about equity and inclusion.
A top-15 hotel management company, PM Hotel Group has over two decades of experience building relationships with brands, partners, and third-party hotel owners. We know that our greatest resource is our people, and this people-first mindset is at the heart of our corporate DNA.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, always, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)