The Vice President of Digital Strategy will create the overall vision for company-wide digital solutions and drive the execution of digital platforms across PM Hotel Group’s portfolios. This leader is a key member of the Sales + Marketing leadership team and is responsible for developing and leading digital and mobile strategies to support PM Hotel Group’s customer objectives, guest experience and generate superior business results. The VP of Digital Strategy is the business owner of the direct-digital channels and leads efforts to drive conversation in support of sales strategies. This leader also plays a key role in connecting both the on- and above-property digital guest experience, representing the voice of our brands, and partnering cross-functionally to support business initiatives.
Responsibilities + Authorities
- Provide leadership, thought leadership, and strategic direction for digital strategies and overall product strategy in support of key priorities identified to enhance the customer sales, stay, and ongoing experience with PM Hotel Group’s portfolio of brands
- Lead PM Hotel Group’s eCommerce efforts
- Partners with sales, marketing and revenue management leaders to develop and activate strategies that increase direct bookings
- Manages and cultivates relationships with third-party digital partners
- Builds a performance management culture
- Grows ancillary revenue streams
- Develop vision to bring the customer journey to life through digital means, connecting the digital touch points of the property to ensure a complete experience for customers
- Creates new and innovative approaches to drive customers
- Develop and maintain a reporting structure to track and share impact of key performance indicators
- Develop compelling action plan to support the long-range digital vision
- Fosters key relationships in the digital landscape both inside and outside the travel category to drive innovative approaches
- Benchmark industry best practices to determine key gaps and opportunities for innovation
- Coordinate closely with the Sales + Marketing team to ensure a seamless booking experience throughout the sales and marketing funnel
- Oversight of web strategy and development of PM Hotel Group’s public-facing websites and intranets as well as the presence on third-party websites, digital engagement, mobile and interactive platform development
- Oversight of marketing research, Customer Relationship Management, identification and adoption of emerging marketing and communications technologies, analytics, and reporting
- Develop digital marketing strategy to achieve goals and measurable results
- Direct website development projects from strategic conception through development, execution and assessment of results
- Define media strategies and plans that enable brand and customer strategic objectives and maximize the impact of digital media, social media investments, in close collaboration with brand and functional teams
What Are We Looking For?
- Experience in digital space, including leading eCommerce and driving sales, and experience with technology platforms for content distribution, mobile technologies, digital merchandising, digital design, and user experience
- Experience with strategy and innovation in technology, telecom, media
- Demonstrated best in class analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing
- High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Qualifications + Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ work experience in digital marketing in a director level or higher positions
- Experience in hospitality or related industry
about pm hotel group:
Awards + Accolades:
- Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Hospitality as seen in Hotel Business (2019)
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in DC – Washington Business Journal (2020 + 2019)
- Inc 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Hospitality Companies (2019)
PM is PEOPLE-POWERED:
At PM Hotel Group we are passionate about fostering an environment that allows our associates to thrive. Creating a culture dedicated to respect, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed, we encourage our associates to express themselves and their unique talents. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about equity and inclusion.
A top-15 hotel management company, PM Hotel Group has over two decades of experience building relationships with brands, partners, and third-party hotel owners. We know that our greatest resource is our people, and this people-first mindset is at the heart of our corporate DNA.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, always, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)